Monday, May 12, 2008

Yo, Nice Segue...

Ok, so I realized that my second-to-last post was a semi-dire sounding one about my mom and my only since was a little upbeat tidbit about my weight loss. Am I really that shallow and self-centered? Hopefully not.

Mom-wise, there's just not a lot to tell...yet. The short version of the story is that she's had a long-standing (14 years!) chronic pain issue that suddenly got much worse. We took her for some heavy-hitting second opinions last week at Columbia-Presbyterian and Johns Hopkins and got some advice about how to move forward. Now we're in limbo while trying to get a procedure scheduled at C-P and it's going to take several weeks to implement the medication switch that Johns Hopkins recommended, so we're in a "wait and see" period. I'll keep ya posted.

No comments: