Monday, February 11, 2008

Wrist Update

Well, I saw the surgeon this morning and he's very pleased with my progress. He thinks if I stick with the PT a little longer (which I was planning to), I can probably can back another 5 degrees in range of motion--doesn't sound like a lot, but that will bring me pretty close to a full recovery.

In terms of strength (I have almost none), he said that will definitely come back. The barrier to getting strength back is when there's pain in the joint that's preventing you from using it, but I'm not having any pain.

I'm planning to go to my first yoga class since the accident one night this week. I think yoga will play a big factor in both getting back that last bit of range of motion and in building the strength back up.

And, in perhaps the best news, I don't need to see the surgeon again. (I say "best," because while I love this guy, my calendar is pretty full of follow-up doctor's appointments these days, so it's nice to have one I can cross off the list!)

No comments: