Monday, September 17, 2007

Life Without Eyelashes - Hair Chronicles #10,052

Well, chemo is over but my hair is still AWOL.

Granted, I have this sort of peach fuzz on my head, but I'm just not convinced that it's hair, despite what the hubby says. It's more like a hair precursor.

And my eyelashes and eyebrows are pretty much a memory, except for a few brave stragglers. Suddenly, the saying, "you don't know what you have until it's gone," has a whole new poignancy.

Oddly enough, I miss the brows and lashes more than I miss my actual hair. On the support group discussion boards, people have reported theirs growing back literally over night and so every morning I run to the mirror to check, but so far, they're no shows. (Well, ok, I don't "run," I don't do anything particularly quickly in the morning, but you get the idea.)

After checking for the non-existent brows and lashes, I recreate them using brow- and eye-liner and so must give props to my MaryKay education (I'm a part-time consultant), which is coming in VERY handy.

No comments: