Monday, November 12, 2007

I Don't Freakin' Believe This

And you won't either.

Are you ready?

I broke my wrist. (No, Keith, thankfully not my scaphoid, but it still may need surgery.)

Also thankfully, not my left wrist, as that would truly suck. (Again, sorry Keith.)

Reasons I'm pissed (oh, let me count the ways):
1. I'm currently stocked up on doctor's appointments, thank you.
2. I just started going to yoga again--and loving it--a couple of weeks ago. Looks like that's off the menu for awhile.
3. It was my first time using my brand-new ice skates.
3a. My friend and I had been skating for an hour and were about 5 steps from being off the ice--done for the day.
3b. My mom and hubby are not going to let me live this down.

On the positive side, after all the crap I've been thru this year, I was able to handle the whole thing pretty calmly. (Ok, so the pain meds help with that, but still.)

6 comments:

Sharon GR said...

Aw, man...

kvgoz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kvgoz said...

It is hard to believe.

Was it the of the forearm bones or one of the ball-bearing bones next to the scaphoid?

NG said...

Oh no! Unbelievable! I thought the sad 6-month-long wrist story was finally near the end, and now it turns out that there is a whole other volume to it. I hope you won’t need a surgery.

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap
You actually own ice skates????
I was having dinner with your dad,when you called. We both looked at each other and wondered what you were doing ice skating?????
A little old for womens hockey,you know.
With all the weird injuries these families are going through maybe we all need to wear the Monica fat suit so we won't get hurt.
I guess the good news is at least it's not your dominant wrist.
Don't worry I still have plenty of good vibes to send for your radiation and now your minor wrist surgery.
People who refer to surgery as minor haven't had any.
Love ya kiddo

patches said...

Oh noes! I'm sorry you got hurt. I would really miss downward dog if I couldn't do it everyday. :(
Fran and Ann asked me to tell you they had a lovely time with you on Friday.

Wiggles and leans,
Patches