Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wrist Update

I'm having surgery tomorrow. I know you're probably all tapped out on good vibes, but I'll take whatever I can get.

The short update is that w/o surgery I could lose up to 30% of the range of motion in the wrist. Surgery can reduce that to 10%. And surgery actually shortens the time I need to be in a cast.

So, better outcome and shorter recovery time make it sort of a no-brainer decision for me.

It's outpatient surgery and I can go back to work as soon as the pain is under control (right now it doesn't hurt at all really).

I can't resist posting this--it's a pic of me in the ER with my arm literally weighted down to get the bones back into place. Ah, modern medicine!

3 comments:

kvgoz said...

I will never run out of good vibes for you.

What are they doing? Screwing things back together or just moving them around and using pins?

Good luck with the surgery. I will certainly be thinking of you and I certainly feel your pain.

Now if the pain goes away quickly there is a testing facility on 70th St in Guttenberg where you can donate your extra pain killers.

If that is the case let me know and I will send you all the information.

My prognosis was 85%, but I think I am beating that currently. Who knows? I think they give a worst case scenario percentage so hopefully we both go further than they estimate.

Love ya and good luck!

Anonymous said...

For Sale:
1 pair of brand new ice skates hardly used. Comes with left over pain pills, no extra charge for blood.
Call.......
Feel free to cut and paste for your ad.

I'll be thinking about you and sending big time good vibes.

Luv ya

Rob S. said...

Good luck with the surgery. You need to get a Colbert Wrist Strong bracelet!