Monday, November 19, 2007

My First Meme*!

*A blog meme is a type of Internet meme that requires active participation by the blogger and rarely traces back to an originating source. It's often a series of questions that a blogger answers to share some personal perspective or experience on random topics.

Rob tagged me with the "Happiness Meme of Happy Happiness," the instructions for which are Just create a post about any number of things that have made you happy recently. Then tag any number of people and have them post this meme on their blogs.

So, here goes. Things that have made me happy recently:
1. My wrist isn't hurting.
2. The surgeon was able to get the bones lined up "perfectly."
3. I made it to radiation on Thurs and Fri and so am still on track to finish on Dec 7.
4. My boob is not red or otherwise irritated from the radiation.
5. On Wed, I'll be 2/3 done with radiation.
6. I didn't break the dominant wrist and so am not entirely paralyzed.
7. I got to see a bunch of movies that I'd wanted to see this past weekend.
8. I'm married to a great guy who has been totally supportive through this calamitous year.
9. I have excellent health insurance.
10. My treatment center is conveniently located near the subway, the PATH station, and the Source.
11. I am almost done with the major elements of my bc treatment.
12. Thanksgiving is Thursday (yummy!)
13. Christmas is coming and I think I've figured out a workable gift strategy.

I could probably go on, but that's enough for now. So, I tag Keith, Tash, and Andi.


2 comments:

NG said...

Oh my. Is there a deadline? Do I have to tag other people too? Is there a minimum? Jen, I can't believe out of all people you were the one to start a public chain letter. :)

InGenius Festival - Voices from the Writers' Forum said...

no worries. no deadline or anything. i think memes started because people were running out of ideas of things to write about are their blogs. They're sort of like conversation starters at parties...