Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hair Today, Gone Tomorr--Er, Today

Ok, so technically I should have posted this last night to give the title full accuracy, but, well, I just didn't feel like it.

Anyway, as I reported yesterday, my hair was seriously starting to fall out (no actual bald patches, just handfuls of hair...I think we all have a lot more hair than we realize). So my ridiculously supportive, superlatively loving husband shaved it all off for me last night. We decided not to do a razor shave (yet), so I have this SUPER-short buzz cut that is the equivalent of industrial-strength velcro. It feels REALLY weird, but is useful for keeping scarves, hats, wigs, etc., in place. I'm also sort of curious as to whether it will ALL actually fall out or if it'll just thin out or what. I'll keep ya posted.

Of course, in the "life is just not fair" camp, the hair on the rest of my body seems to be firmly in place. At least for the moment. Now I realize I'm straying into TMI-land for some of you, but seriously, one of the ONLY perks of this whole thing was supposed to be a summer without having to shave my legs!

(I'm going to have to change the name of my blog soon to something like The Hair Chronicles...)

1 comment:

NG said...

:-D
Thanks for a good laugh in the morning. I was actually laughing out loud – not that my co-workers (cats) mind – that’s the beauty of working for self. Obviously your sense of humor is not taking a hike along with the hair. Speaking of funny – I found this ridiculous song “Baby’s got Sauce” – it’s on my blog in the music thing