Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Netflix for Books!

As those of you who know us already know, the hubby and I were early subscribers to and are huge fans of Netflix. Our queue currently hovers in the 350 range.

And, ever since we joined Netflix, I have lamented the fact that there wasn't something similar for books. But now there is! The very inaccurately named Booksfree.com works basically like Netflix, i.e., you put books in a queue, they send them to you (2 at a time), you keep them as long as you want, and then you send them back (2 at a time). Since our home is already in a bookshelf-space deficit, and since I'm now spending every other weekend pretty much sitting around reading, this promises to be a god-send. I got my first shipment a couple of days ago and am halfway through Everything Changes by Jonathan Tropper. Next up is Mohawk by Richard Russo (which I think is the only one of his novels I haven't read yet).

I'm sure this service won't totally counteract my bookstore addiction, but it should mitigate it somewhat.

3 comments:

Rob S. said...

Netflix has really cut down my dvd buying habit -- every time I see a movie I want, I weigh it against just putting it in my queue.

Sharon GR said...

Am a library addict- always have been. Now, I get so many books in print and on CD that I often have literary overload.

LizR said...

I, too, am a HUGE Netflix fan and go to the library all the time for books. But you HAD to go and tell me about this now!