Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Gabby's Love

In the previous post, I mentioned a big family dinner we had this weekend at Michaelangelo's in Newark.

My grandmother (my mom's mom) died in the early 70s and, to be honest, I don't recall my mom and her sibs talking about her all that much. But the first time we went to Michaelangelo's a few years ago, my mom and her sibs had the Veal and Peppers and the Sunday Gravy and reveled that both tasted "just like Mommy's." As a consequence, this is now my favorite place for us to go for family dinners.

The reason we went to Michaelangelo's in the first place was that my hubby's mom was in an a cappella group at the time and they were performing there. Sadly, the group no longer performs, so this weekend when we were at Michaelangelo's, they had DaVido instead.

How to describe DaVido? Well, for those in the tristate area news-viewing district, my cuz described him as the 1976 Ernie Anastos. He's got a pompadour. And wears alot of makeup. And sings accompanied by a karaoke machine complete with teleprompter-ed lyrics. And my darling, 6-year-old goddaughter fell completely in love. Got his autograph and everything.

Now, here's the kicker. I googled him because I wanted to provide a link to a picture of him for this post. Did I find his website? No. But I did find THESE:
Lounge Singer Gives Starbucks The Jitters
Singer Thrown Out of Over 200 Starbucks

And, of course, his own self-promotional site: JavaJitters

And here is his YouTube video:


The song is apparently also available on iTunes.

There really isn't anything else I can say. Enjoy

No comments: