Monday, January 14, 2008

Star Sighting (Sort of)

First off, apologies for being a lame blogger lately. It appears to be one of the side effects of being away from a computer for days at a time.

Part of the reason I've been away from the computer is that last week I was in Chapel Hill, NC at a conference.

The first night I was having dinner at the hotel bar when I noticed someone who looked "familiar" at the next table. Being "out of context," I couldn't decide if he was a) a fellow agency employee attending the conference or b) a character actor. I was pretty sure it was b, but since I couldn't at the moment come up with a single movie I'd seen him in or his name, I decided not to approach him. Instead, my tactic was to look for him at the conference the next day. If he was there, then obviously he was an agency employee; if not, back to theory b.

To be perfectly honest I forgot all about it until the next night when I was sitting at the hotel bar having drinks with some colleagues (no, I didn't get out much during this conference) and in he walked with two young women who were clearly not bureaucrats. Suddenly, the name "Joe Grifasi" popped into my head, but the only movie I know for sure that Joe Grifasi was in was Moonstruck where he was a decidedly dark-haired, very Italian-looking waiter at the Grand Ticino. The guy I was looking at was silver-haired. Granted Moonstruck was released in 1987. Still, I decided not to approach him. I did, however, IMDB him and it was, indeed, Joe Grifasi.

Ok, so I know what you're thinking: "She hasn't posted in weeks and this is what she chooses to write about?" Um. Yeah. At least for today.

No comments: