Monday, March 17, 2008

Why I Haven't Had Time to Blog

Ok, so once again, I've been a slacker.

But I have a (sort of) good excuse, at least for the past couple of days.

First of all, I was hard at work revising and finalizing my short play script to submit it for this year's Estrogenius Festival (it was due on Saturday).

Second, I was packing for our upcoming trip to Eleuthera! (We leave Friday.)

Third, I'm working on a ridiculously involved job application for a "two-year temporary promotion" (only in government would such a thing exist).

Finally, as if all the above weren't enough, I actually auditioned for a play this weekend. A friend's production company is doing "Twelve Angry Women" in May and an actress I know and respect told me I should audition. So I did. I didn't get a call back, but I saw the director yesterday and she told me that 138 women auditioned for them, so I really don't feel too badly about it. I'm actually pretty proud of myself for at least giving it a shot.

And here's the best part: the audition consisted of a one-minute monologue. Since the monologues I "know" are all for characters about 20 years younger than I am (since that's when I learned them), I actually decided to do a monologue based on my blog entry "Loss by Attrition." I've been thinking about incorporating that into a longer theatrical piece and this was the perfect opportunity to test-drive it. And both the director and the producer loved it. How cool is that?

1 comment:

kvgoz said...

Busy busy.

Have a fun trip! We will speak to you two when you get back.