Monday, June 2, 2008

It's the Little Things

Back at work after a GREAT weekend.

What made it great, you ask?

Well, part of it, believe it or not, was the fact that I had time on Saturday morning to actually RUN ERRANDS. I got to go to the post office, the shoemaker, AND the dry cleaners. While I was doing that, our lovely cleaning service was cleaning our apartment and so, after errands, I had enough time to get my eyebrows waxed and get a pedicure. Considering that I haven't had time to do ANY of these things in the past several months, getting them all done in one morning left me positively euphoric.

And that was just one small piece of the weekend.

Friday I spent the afternoon with a dear friend getting caught up and acting like "ladies who lunch."

Friday evening the hubby and I saw Bill Maher at NJPAC. Hilarious and on-point. (My favorite line: "Let's see, we've had War--Iraq, Flood--Katrina, Famine--the current food crisis...all we need is Locusts and Bush is officially the Anti-Christ.")

Saturday afternoon, we saw "Thurgood" with Lawrence Fishburne, which was EXCELLENT. Made me proud and ashamed to be an American in the same moment. Powerful stuff.

Also Saturday afternoon, we had a late lunch/early dinner at Becco, one of my favorite restaurants. (Yes, all you cult fans out there, bonus points were used.)

Saturday evening, I saw the Neo-Futurists, which was definitely experience. One that I might try again sometime.

Sunday, we bought flowers for the terrace planters (finally!) which I planted and then sat down to enjoy. It was the first day I've had time to sit on our terrace this year.

Sunday evening, I had my writers' group and then went to see my friend do Leonard Cohen covers at the Slaughtered Lamb.

All in all, a fun-filled (and yet very relaxing) weekend. Yay!

No comments: