Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cult Update

Ok, loyal readers, it's been awhile, but I finally have something to report.

I do WW @ Work, which means I pay my membership fee in multi-month chunks. Today, I signed up for my 3rd "session" and have decided it should be my last (or, at least, the last one I pay for).

So, I've set my goal weight! It is 6.6 pounds below where I am today. Once I reach it, my total weight loss in the cult will be 21.8 lbs.

The way the cult works is that, once you reach and maintain your goal weight (within 2lbs) for 6 weeks, you become a lifetime member and can attend meetings/weigh-ins for free.

And for those of you dying for even more details, I've decided to switch from the Flex Plan to the Core Plan. The basic difference is that on the Flex Plan you track everything you eat and try to stay within your daily and weekly points allowance. On the Core Plan, you don't need to track anything that's on the WW "core foods" list, but you use your bonus points for anything that's not. Since my main problem over the past few months has been not tracking, I think this might be the way to get my weight loss rolling again.

And, of course, I've been poring over the Core Foods list and am actually excited by some of the things that are on it. For example, my world-famous pasta fagioli--which I haven't made in awhile because the flex point value is a little high--is comprised entirely of Core Foods. Yay!

No comments: