Saturday, May 19, 2007

"O Days"

No, not "O" as in "zero," but "O" as in "Oh! The Oxygen Network." Not a great name, I admit, but consider it a working title for those days when I just can't stop thinking about what's going on.

Some days, remarkably, I have whole stretches of time where I'm NOT thinking about it. Sure, there are thoughts here and there, but they just sort of drift through and pass on.

Other days are O Days. On those days, I'm pretty much useless. Unable to focus on anything but thinking, reading, researching, etc., about treatments, side effects, managing side effects, recurrence risks...ad infinitum. Friday, the day I started this blog, was clearly one of those days. This past Wednesday was another. I was on at a business meeting in DC and was able to pay attention to the actual meeting for only minutes at a time. The rest my mind was in a totally other place.

But on the upside, there were 4 non-O Days between Friday and Wednesday, and there've been 3 non-O Days since then (writing about an O Day is not the same thing as having an O Day). So, cheers to non-O Days! May there be many more over the coming months!

And if anyone has a suggestion of a better name for these, let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jen! I call days where I just can't stay focused "Foggers," but I'm really thinking "F_ _ _ ers"
'cause I just can't get anything done. But hey, if you can be productive those days in doing research and such...more power to THOSE "O-Days!"