Monday, July 16, 2007

The Hair Chronicles, Part 5,077

...at least, it feels like part 5,077. (No pun intended--get it? hair, part? Sorry.)

It was pointed out to me by several alert readers that I hadn't posted my latest hair update:

I have officially given up on the wig.

After not wearing it for 10 days, I just couldn't bear to go back. Especially since last week it was like 90-something degrees out and humid. So, my colleagues are being treated to my scarf wardrobe (which is going to have to be augmented, I can tell already). It's truly amazing how few people ask about it. And, since after I lifetime of body/self-image issues, I am an expert at NOT looking in mirrors, I actually tend to forget that I look different.

5 comments:

Rob S. said...

Good for you, Jen. Keep cool!

kvgoz said...

I can not imagine the wig but having my arms wrapped in various sweat creators since May 25th I can certainly relate about the heat. The irritation of the skin is a pain.

I am happy that you are comfortable without the wig.

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!! I THINK THAT HAIR IS HIGHLY OVER RATED ANYWAY! YOU DON'T NEED YOUR HAIR TO BE BEAUTIFUL, AND YOU ARE BEAUTIFULLY STUNNING!

Bette said...

I decided, after two and a half months of wearing scarves on my head, I was going to go bald. The only thing that occasionally adorns my head is a henna tattoo. Anyway, people look at me less as a cancer patient and more as a crazy woman who shaved her head and got a tattoo on it. Those who know better thinks it's beautiful.

Sharon GR said...

Comfort is key- and if you're more comfortable, that's what matters.