Friday, August 3, 2007

Not One, But Two...

My mom and I went to the theatre last night and, as we were coming out the ladies' room, we saw not one, but two women sitting on the chaise lounge OUTSIDE the bathroom flossing their teeth.

Which reminded me of a day about a year ago when I was walking through SoHo and the Village and saw a guy go by on a bicycle with a parrot on his shoulder. When he passed, I realized I had walked by a woman with a parrot on her shoulder about a 1/2 hour before. The weird part was, I hadn't really noticed her, she was just part of the NYC scenery. It wasn't until I saw the guy on the bike that something in my brain went, "Wait a minute, that's the SECOND parrot you've seen today" and the image of the first parrot popped into my head.

Which is all to say that when you live and/or work in NYC, seeing one weird thing isn't enough to phase you, you have to see at least two before you even notice.

1 comment:

Rob S. said...

Never floss in public without a "buddy."