Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My First Cancerversary

It's hard to believe, but it's now been over a year since I was diagnosed and last Saturday was the 1 year anniversary of the surgery to remove the tumor. (Note: Some folks like to count their "cancerversary" from when they were diagnosed, I prefer to count from when I got rid of it!)

So, what's happened in the past year? Well, anyone whose been reading this blog knows about all the treatment-related stuff, but I'd prefer to focus on the non-treatment-related stuff.

I travelled a LOT. I went to:
- Charleston & Savannah
- Saratoga Springs
- Greenport
- London
- Paris
- Jamesport
- Eleuthera & Florida

I had a short play produced in New York.

I celebrated my 11th wedding anniversary (love you honey!).

I celebrated my 37th birthday.

I auditioned for a play.

I joined a writers' group.

I joined the cult and lost 10 lbs (so far).

I resumed practicing yoga and doing pilates.

I got a tan!

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now...


And so how did I celebrate the end of what I like to call my year of living dangerously? With a champagne toast at a waterside restaurant in Del Ray, Florida. It was pretty cool.

3 comments:

kvgoz said...

That is an awesome list. You can now prepare your letter for the end of the year :)

Sharon GR said...

What a long, strange trip it's been.

Whew!

Rob S. said...

Great list -- but for a moment I thought the last one was a waterslide restaurant. Which would be AWESOME...