Monday, October 22, 2007

The Presidential Candidates - Who Do You Agree with on the Issues?

I remembered this site from the last election and found it very informative (and a lot more time-efficient than watching all the debates).

Basically, you take the quiz and they tell you how you match with the candidates. It removes a lot of the superficial stuff and really tells you how much the candidates' views align with your own on the issues.

VoteMatch Quiz

I was surprised to find that I agree with Hilary (75%) and Kucinich (73%) much more than with Barack (55%).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three way split for Clinton, Dodd and Edwards at only 50%.

My label is a populist-liberal and I don't agree with any of the candidates on the "social" issues.

Where a candidate stands on issues is only one reason to vote for a candidate - any maybe not the most important. Character, leadership and experience count and it seems to me that Clinton falls short in all three categories.

Still hoping for Al Gore.

Anonymous said...

I got 43% for edwards and 38 for kerry,nadar and someone I don't know anything about.
I think some of the questions phrasing were lame and the point that I should find another candidate unless I really like this person misses why many people vote.
I think to get to where you can even run for president in a major way,you've made your deal with the devil.
I find myself voting for the pile of shit that offends my nose the least.
The dems and repubs both suck but in different ways.
I take into account things like supreme court appointments and what they are going to do with all the money they steal and waste, as in does it help me or not.

InGenius Festival - Voices from the Writers' Forum said...

Dad--Well, I can't say that I'm surprised at your results. And I think most of those other qualities--except for experience--are BS. We don't know these people. We don't know their true character. That's just buying what the spindoctors and imagemakers dish out.

Thom - Did you click for more info? I did that on a bunch of the questions.

kvgoz said...

I am way too liberal minded.

78% Hillary 68% Obama, and I am leaning towards Rudy is he is nominated.