Friday, October 12, 2007

Tackiest Pink Ribbon Products

Ok. To prevent "reader fatigue" from my potentially month-long rant on this topic, I'm going to put all the offending products in this post and just edit as needed...

Herr's "Crave the Cure" pretzels
Jingle Jugs (you have to see them to believe them)
Pink Wedding Gowns for the Cure
Panera's Pink Ribbon Bagels (featuring cherry chips and dried cranberries--yuk!. However, I will note that last year they raised $200,000 as compared to Herr's sad maximum of $20K.)

Please feel free to submit anything you come across that's particularly egregious.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL! I ALWAYS FELT THAT WAY ABOUT THE RIBBON AND THE MONTH OF OCTOBER...........

NG said...

the other day i was shooting at a school in Central NJ and the day after picture day they were supposed to have a breast cancer awareness day, so everybody was supposed to wear pink. I just thought it was a bit odd. I understand that they are trying to educate kids about the topic... anyway, i wonder if they go into the mastectomy bit with 4-graders...

Rob S. said...

:Jawdrop:

Jingle Jugs?

Really?