Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Big Read Mystery...

Ok, so we all know that I posted the "Big Read" list 2 posts ago. Since then, a couple of my fellow bloggers have posted the list on their blogs and a commenter on SharonGR's blog noted "where are #44 and #51?"

I have been trying to track down where they are but, more mysteriously, I can't figure out where the list itself came from.

Going through the blogger breadcrumb trail, I went through:
ktbuffy to
House of the D. to
The Perpetual Writer's Blog
and then dead-ended.

I also googled NEA Big Read 100 books and went through another blog trail which ends here:
The Publishing Curve

On NEA's Big Read page, they only have 16 featured books (and most aren't on this list of 100).

Can anyone solve this mystery?

1 comment:

Rob S. said...

My friend Alan M. Did. 44 is A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving, and 51 is The Life of Pi by Yann Martel. He also gave me a link to someone else looking into the murky origins of the list.

All that and snark, back at my meme entry.