Thursday, July 24, 2008

On a Happier Note

I just realized I never gave you all the details of the hubby's Fabulous Birthday Surprise Weekend.

As reported earlier, the only information I gave him in advance was to "Obey your wife."

So, on Friday morning, we left the apartment and went to Anthony David's (the hubby's favorite) for brunch.


After brunch, we went for a little walk to the Northeast end of town. He couldn't figure out where we were heading, because there isn't really anything at the Northeast end of town...except:


So, we took the ferry to Manhattan.

At this point, we were a little ahead of schedule and thus had time for a detour to:

(Also one of the hubby's favorite places.)

Then, it was back to the riverfront for a 2-hour sail aboard:

(By the way, I got the tickets at almost 1/2 price from Goldstar.)

Post-sail, we were once again ahead of schedule and so had time for quick drink at the Chelsea Brewing Company:
(Who even knew this place was there?? Definitely a good find.)

Next, we hopped in a cab and headed back to Union Square for:


Finally, we capped off the day with dinner at the hubby's favorite restaurant, Cacio e Pepe:


After all that, he figured the bulk of his birthday celebration was over. Thus, on Saturday, we had a relaxing morning at home (actually, I ran out and did a couple of errands). At 2pm, we left the apartment and started walking to the Northwest corner of Hoboken. Once again, the hubby was perplexed because, once again, there isn't really anything in the Northwest corner of Hoboken. EXCEPT the BMW I had picked up from Zipcar and parked a couple of blocks from the apartment when I had done my errands. We got in the car and I told him our ultimately destination was a secret, but that we needed to stop at my mom's first. He didn't quite buy this--he figured my mom and her hubby were coming with us somewhere. When we pulled onto her street he saw the large quantity of cars and figured out there was a party, but even so, was still surprised at the people who were there: friends my high school and grammar school, a friend from work, both his parents, his uncle who flew up from North Carolina, etc.

So, all in all, it was a successful birthday weekend.

No comments: